Inseparable from a nearby water bowl, cat food tailors its formulation to each animal’s needs. Here are some cat food references that will help you quench your 4-legged friend’s appetite, whether he’s growing, active or even neutered.
Selection of the 10 best kibbles for cats in 2022
- Salmon food for sterilized cats Ultima: a nutrient-rich diet
- Friskies rabbit and chicken croquettes: natural fibers that aid digestion
- Friskies salmon kernels: balanced diet to support vital functions
- Friskies indoor cat kibble: complete food to improve transition
- Cat Chow Purina kibbles: a combination of fiber and a natural source of prebiotics
- Purina A closed sterilized cat special food: special fibers and adapted protein/fat ratio
- Purina One small kibble: small size and optimal growth care
- OptiSavour Duck/Liver Pro Plan kibbles: a formulation adapted to sterilized cats
- Edgar & Cooper Chicken Croquettes: Fresh meat from free range chicken
- Iam’s For Vitality lamb croquettes: a recipe with a good protein/fat ratio and no added sugar
Salmon food for sterilized cats Ultima: a nutrient-rich diet
Formulated with an adapted protein/fat ratio, these salmon cat foods are designed for sterilized animals. They help control the pH of the cat’s urine to reduce the risk of disorder or infection. The dosage specified by weight ensures that the sterilized cat remains healthy. Free of dyes and added preservatives, this cat food is enriched with nutrients.
- Rich in essential fatty acids, biotin and zinc
- animal weight control
- No added colorants or preservatives
- More grains than salmon
Friskies rabbit and chicken croquettes: natural fibers that aid digestion
This recipe for Friskies cat kibble contains plant-based fiber to improve the digestive system. The chicken and vegetable flavor encourages the animal to eat. Free of artificial colors, this dry food supports vital functions. Enriched with essential minerals and vitamin D, these kibbles support good dental and bone health. The generous format takes several months for a cat, even if we regret the lack of practical closure.
- Essential minerals and vitamin D
- No artificial colors
- Formulation developed by experts
Friskies salmon kernels: balanced diet to support vital functions
Formulated by experts, Friskies salmon food is a complete and balanced diet. Always served with water and/or puree, this dry food helps the cat stay healthy. Different forms of salmon or vegetable croquettes provide the animal with the nutrients necessary for its vital functions. The only downside: still very high grain content, which leaves little room for fish.
- Formulation developed by experts
- Supporting vital functions and digestion
- No artificial colors, preservatives and flavors added
Friskies indoor cat kibble: complete food to improve transition
The house cat tends to lick itself more regularly and therefore swallows more hair. The formulation of these Friskies croquettes contains peas and chicory, which are known to reduce hairball formation in the animal’s stomach. With its reduced fat content, this complete cat food helps control the weight of little felines who need exercise.
- Chicory and peas for transit
- chicken flavor
- Mild formulation for house cats
- High grain content
Cat Chow Purina kibbles: a combination of fiber and a natural source of prebiotics
Rich in chicken, these Purina cat foods contain more than 50% protein. Natural prebiotics support the animal’s urinary and digestive comfort. Naturium, a patented combination of natural fibers, supports vital, dental and bone functions. The downside to this dry food remains common to most croquettes: a very important grain presence.
- Enriched with Naturium and prebiotics
- 50% protein
- rich in chicken
- High grain content
Purina A closed sterilized cat special food: special fibers and adapted protein/fat ratio
These foods are specially formulated for sterilized house cats. To reduce the weight gain seen in most, the recipe reduces the fat content by about 15% on average in favor of protein. Trout flavor is suitable for fish lovers. Absolutely delicious, these kibbles are quite hard and would not suit an animal with sensitive or brittle teeth.
- Best protein to fat ratio
- Fibers help remove more ingested hairballs
- Balanced mineral ratio
Purina One small kibble: small size and optimal growth care
Suitable for kittens from 1 month old, this kibble emphasizes quality ingredients to support growth. Small and easy to chew, they are recommended for transitioning from liquid food to solid food. They can also be used to feed pregnant or lactating cats. Easy to digest, this dry food for kittens supports the small animal’s vital functions.
- 1 to 12 months
- Small, easy-to-chew croquettes
- high quality materials
OptiSavour Duck/Liver Pro Plan kibbles: a formulation adapted to sterilized cats
Without added coloring or sweetener, these cat foods bring out the original flavors of duck and poultry liver. The formulation enriched with nutrients and proteins helps maintain the vital functions of sterilized animals. The protein/fat ratio is adapted to control the weight of your cat, who is used to taking a nap rather than walking.
- Minimalist and delicious recipe
- Maintaining a healthy urinary tract
- Rich in protein and nutrients
Edgar & Cooper Chicken Croquettes: Fresh meat from free range chicken
Edgar & Cooper Fresh Meat Kibbles are grain-free and gluten-free. Rich in vegetables, the recipe helps keep your pet healthy. Nutrients especially support bone and joint functions. However, the cat used to the classic croquettes will definitely need some time to adjust. Incorporate Edgar & Cooper croquettes into his diet gradually.
- Natural formulation rich in vegetables
- Taurine, glucosamine and chondroitin for general health
- Grain free and gluten free
- Requires a period of digestive adaptation
Iam’s For Vitality lamb croquettes: a recipe with a good protein/fat ratio and no added sugar
Containing 35% protein, 87% of which is from animal origin, these Iam’s For Vitality kibbles provide your cat with a balanced diet. The formulation without added sugar helps protect the urinary system of small cats. Thanks to magnesium, calcium and vitamins, the animal digests it easily. Thanks to the resealable zippered bag, the lamb flavor is preserved every week.
- Lamb, magnesium, calcium and vitamins
- Lowering the urine pH and thus the risk of infection
- reclosable bag
- Extremely high salt content
How to choose the best food for your cat?
The best kibbles for cats are chosen according to the protein/fat ratio and grain content, as well as the animal’s taste preferences. Although beneficial in small quantities, this food is mainly present in most compositions. Opt for formulations with as few or no grains as possible.
Should we replace wet food and kibble for cats?
It is best to replace the foam with wet foods such as puree. With age, the urinary system of the animal becomes fragile, especially if it has been sterilized. A diet that alternates between dry and wet foods helps reduce the risk of urinary tract infections.
This selection of cat food allows you to choose the ideal food for your little cat. In any case, never forget to give your cat fresh, regularly changed water.
Content submitted by our tips experts, partners of 20 Minutes. The editorial staff did not participate in the realization of this. The prices stated in this article are indicative and are subject to change.
Some links in this article are affiliate links that can use viewers to get 20 Minutes commission on a purchase on their affiliate site.